I sit in the dark with the littlest one and let God know all I need to make today a bit more do-able.
- Could the kids sleep at least a few minutes past six am?
- Could the weather clear so we could be outside more?
- Could the baby sleep better during the day so I can be more free to manage the others?
- Could everyone be on their best behavior (You do work miracles, right?)?
- Could we all stay (relatively) well in this cold and flu season?
And I know it’s okay to ask these things, to ask for a smooth path, a quiet life, a moment’s peace. But I also know that He’s wiser and better (so much better) than I am. I know He knows what I really need and it’s most likely not just a walk down Easy Street. I know that His working all things for good must mean that some things might not feel that good to begin with…
So, I wake this morning to kids talking before 6, a baby sniffling and sneezing, a dark and cold and rainy forecast and I change my prayer for the day…
Lord, you know what I think I need but you also know what I really need. So, for whatever you bring my way, would you give me more grace to handle it gracefully? Though it likely won’t be a day of perfection, would you perfect me through it.
And somehow, as I meet the mess of this Monday, I find hope that all my needs will be met if Christ meets me in each moment with MORE GRACE.
But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” James 4:6